Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Areola Treat fan video


I had once blogged about the Areola Treat ep. This is one female-fronted band I do like. Not simply because it is indeed female-fronted but because they come across as genuinely honest, not pretentious or trying too hard to replicate other 'in' artists you hear of nowadays, and have a genuine sensibility and technique I can relate to with respect to other types of music I have in my collection. And surprisingly underground! Sure hope they plan on keeping it that way. They're what I would call a no-fancy-nonsense, no-lacy-polish act, just meaningful, yet playful.

I am posting a live gig video that was taken by a fan, presumably. Whoever took it should really have got them from the front though, however,but no complaints seeing this is a better quality video of theirs I could find. On first listening,  the vocals on the Areola Treat ep reminded me a hell of a lot of Siousxie and the Banshees, Patti Smith, Malaria, Hagen, Nico, sometimes hints of  karen O, (although not really a fan) as well as some other interesting female artists I'd heard and loved. A band to watch out for and see live.


No comments:

Post a Comment